Our mission is to guide and regulate the City’s growth and land use development by creating and implementing zoning ordinances and long-range land use plans; reviewing subdivision and site development plans; and by providing professional and technical expertise to citizens, elected and appointed officials, and other City Departments.
- Promote quality development and uses of the land through the conscientious application of regulations.
- Protect the City’s natural environments and unique natural resources, and promote the benefits and implementation of green infrastructure.
- Preserve, restore, and repurpose historic sites, structures, and buildings to safeguard the community’s heritage, making it available to future generations for civic enjoyment and educational purposes.
- Facilitate economic growth through various plans and programs.
- Enhance the City’s quality of life by offering safe public spaces and efficient multimodal transportation options.
- Process zoning applications expeditiously and efficiently.
- Provide ethical and professional customer service standards with enduring respect for our customers and public trust.
- Prepare and facilitate the implementation of plans, studies, and reports.
- Continually assess existing ordinances, regulations and processes administered by the division to streamline or amend as needed.
- Identify and apply for local, state and/or federal assistance programs to further division’s goals or to assist other City departments or agencies in their applications.